Here are some hand-picked, safe, free, educational websites for kids. They are all excellent educational websites for your children to use. Check them out, I’ve handpicked five websites for all grade levels. They have their differences, but each one of them is a great resource for teaching and tutoring your kid.
- Khan Academy This is one the best free educational sites on the internet. It’s also one of my personal favorites. Want to prep for the SAT? How about getting better grades in science or biology. Do you have a child who needs practice or help with early mathematics? Khan Academy has classes in, everything from arithmetic to multivariable calculus. They cover Kindergarten through High School and beyond. They teach many, different classes, all for free. The classes are great for an elementary student or teenager who needs tutoring.
- The next site codecademy is superb at what it does. It’s an excellent place for kids or adults to learn how to code. This site teaches several programming languages and uses interactive lessons that are easy to follow. I took the HTML course, and I have used the knowledge gained to help me set up my website. The course taught me the basics of HTML. I learned enough that if I don’t know how to do something, I know exactly where to find the information on how to do it. If a kid is interested in creating games or web pages or maybe just wants to know more about it, this is a good place to start. Even if they don’t finish the course right away, this site is a great place to get exposed to coding
- NeoK12 is another excellent site that will tutor kid’s kindergarten through grade 12, on a broad range of subjects. This site covers a lot and if your child needs help or extra practice this site is worth a look. I’m sure you and your kids can find something here to help; It’s a very well thought out site.
- interactivesites.weebly.com is one of the best k-5 interactive learning sites on the internet. You can’t go wrong with this site, it has many educational games and simulations to keep kids interested. The site is fun and well designed. I think the music lessons pages are outstanding. I haven’t seen anything like them on the other sites. It also offers Spanish lessons, Art and brain teasers. I like what I saw on this site.
- The kid should see this is a site that kids can go to and pick out interesting videos on science, technology, animals, music, art and other subjects. They have collected some very interesting videos, and when the kids watch them, they won’t even know that they are learning. They are always adding new videos and the site already has many videos. Have your kid take a look at this website instead of plopping down in front of the T.V. Two good examples of what’s on the site are, Look up the billion bug highway you can’t see and Charlie Chaplin in the Lions Cage: The Circus (1928).
These are excellent sites. They are suitable for children in different grades and who have different levels of ability. Except for maybe the Khan Academy I tried to find sites that were off the beaten path. Give them a try I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how good they are since they’re all free. Have a wonderful week, God be with you until we meet again.